The Power of Local Chapters
NIBN is a non-profit corporation with 501c3 status. It is located in Kearney, Nebraska, yet it aims to build and sustain a statewide Injured Brain Community. To accomplish statewide reach while empowering individuals, we need to find a balance between statewide leadership and local leadership. That’s where Local Chapters come into play.
When a Peer living with an Injured Brain desires to start a Chapter in his or her community, NIBN will help the Peer accomplish that.
Why start a Local Chapter of NIBN? By starting a NIBN Chapter, you can do the following:
- Have your own page on the NIBN website that you can use to organize locally
- Connect people who live in your area
- Identify and share new resources and supports/services in your community
- Educate your community members about what it means to be living with an injured brain
- Conduct fundraising to support your Chapter’s activities
- Build a community of people living with an injured brain, such that you are connected, support each other, advocate together and have activities together
- Connect with other people living with an injured brain across the state
If you have an interest in learning more about how to start a NIBN Chapter in your community, please send an email to the email address at the bottom of the page and NIBN will get in touch.