The Power of Local Chapters
NIBN is a non-profit corporation with 501c3 status. It is located in Kearney, Nebraska, yet it aims to build and sustain a statewide Injured Brain Community. To accomplish statewide reach while empowering individuals, we need to find a balance between statewide leadership and local leadership. That’s where Local Chapters come into play.
When a Peer living with an Injured Brain desires to start a Chapter in his or her community, NIBN will help the Peer accomplish that.
Why start a Local Chapter of NIBN? By starting a NIBN Chapter, you can do the following:
- Have your own page on the NIBN website that you can use to organize locally
- Connect people who live in your area
- Identify and share new resources and supports/services in your community
- Educate your community members about what it means to be living with an injured brain
- Conduct fundraising to support your Chapter’s activities
- Build a community of people living with an injured brain, such that you are connected, support each other, advocate together and have activities together
- Connect with other people living with an injured brain across the state
If you have an interest in learning more about how to start a NIBN Chapter in your community, please send an email to the email address at the bottom of the page and NIBN will get in touch.
We hope to have Local Chapters of NIBN all over the state. Click a pin to go to that Chapter’s page.